Where are you based?
I’m based in Bridgend, Wales and travel throughout South, Mid & West Wales
What packages do you offer for Weddings?
We believe that Ruth’s Harp Music is the perfect accompaniment to your wedding day, and will create the perfect ambience for your perfect day. As such, Ruth has created three packages that allows you to choose one, two or even three of options below…
(Complete music for the ceremony)
• Background music as the guests arrive.
• Music for the entrance of the bride.
• Music for the signing of the register and photographs.
• Music for the departure of the bride, groom and guests.
• A wide range of classical, romantic, folk, film/show, traditional Welsh songs & contemporary songs to entertain your guests while they have pre-dinner drinks & when photographs are being taken (The harp can be played outside, dependent on the weather).
• A wide range of classical, romantic, folk, film/show, traditional Welsh songs & contemporary songs as background music to accompany the meal.
Is there a limit to the audience size / number of guests can you provide music for?
Basically, no. Ruth has played at a variety of events over the years, from small family celebrations with only 12 guests, to National Eisteddfods & large corporate events. For added peace of mind, Ruth has invested in high quality amplification for her harp, which boosts the volume of the harp, without losing the beautiful, natural sound.
Can we meet you prior to booking?
Of course. Ruth is more than happy to invite you to her home for a consultation, where you can hear her play, choose and discuss your music choices.
Do you require any assistance getting the harp into the venue room when you’re at my wedding?
Ruth knows most of the venues throughout South Wales, so she is aware of the logistics for the harp, and if help is required, Ruth will of course arrange for this, either by speaking to the venue staff or bringing assistance with her, so you can concentrate on your big day.
(Please note, Ruth’s assistants will not be part of the wedding and will leave before the wedding and arrive after the wedding has finished and all guests have exited).